The Jonesboro Jaycees is a non-profit leadership and management training organization that gives young people between the ages of 21 and 40 the tools they need to build the bridges of success for themselves in the areas of business development, management skills, individual training, community service, and international connections.
This goal is accomplished through community service and development projects that are undertaken throughout the year.
The Jonesboro Jaycees has:
- Developed Fairview Park
- Founded Craighead County American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Partnered with Farm Bureau to develop the NEA District Fair
- Developed Abilities Unlimited
- Annually hosted the Jonesboro Christmas Parade
- Run the Goodfellows and Christmas for Kids projects
- Created Jonesboro’s first street signs
- Established the Runnin’ Joe Basketball Classic.
- Partnered on projects with the Make-A-Wish Foundation
- and local D.A.R.E. projects.
Our meetings are at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of each month at the Elk’s Lodge #498, 2113 W. Washington Ave., Jonesboro, AR 72401. We invite you to come out and see what we are all about.
There’s something for nearly everyone with the Jaycees. I can’t think of another organization that offers so much to its members and the community it serves.
Keith Gammill, 58th President of the Jonesboro Jaycees